A modeling signal processor that sets a new standard in guitar effects! Every guitarist craves a better way to satisfy his hunger for ultimate tone and control. The new Korg AX3000G satiates that craving with a powerful multi-effect processor that reaches far beyond its guitar effects predecessors. Featuring Korg's proprietary "REMS" modeling technology, the AX3000G guitar effects processor delivers high-quality modeling sounds and numerous ways to control those sounds in real time. With an expression pedal, a control switch, and an expression step sequencer, the AX3000G modeling signal processor has all the elements a guitarist needs to fulfill his expressive vision.
• Korg's REMS modeling technology - delivering 72 realistic classic and modern amp, cabinet and guitar effects models
• Assignable control switch and expression pedal with 8 point LED pedal indicator for real-time parameter control
• New ESS (Expression Step Sequencer) automatically controls most guitar effects parameters in a fixed or random step function that can create radical sound changes
• Sixteen types of drive and amp models covering everything from vintage overdrive to high-gain metal
• Eleven types of pre-effects including cabinet, modulation, delay and reverb modeled effects, to deliver a broad sound palette
• Transform your guitar with pickup, acoustic body and top, plus synth modeling effects
• Thirty-two preset programs, plus room for 96 of your own original programs
• Send/return jacks let you connect your favorite distortion pedal or other effect unit
• MIDI IN/OUT allows you to edit and store original sounds on your computer using the dedicated editor/librarian software (Windows and Macintosh are supported)
• Up to seven effects can be used simultaneously
• Amp/line selector switch offers maximum output versatility
• Heavy-duty metal chassis stands up to the rigors of travel and stage performance
• Auto Chromatic tuner with highly visible 8 point LED allows bypassed or muted (silent) tuning
• Backlit LCD ensures easy visibility
• Knob-based interface for quick, intuitive editing
REMS MODELING TECHNOLOGY
The Korg AX3000G packs 72 types of amp models and effect sounds delivered by Korg's world-acclaimed "REMS" modeling technology. In addition to true-to-life reproductions of a wide array of vintage and modern guitar amps and cabinets, REMS also provides standard effects such as chorus, delay and reverb, all in gorgeous detail. These guitar effects transcend the stereotypical concept of effects, and open up completely new vistas of sound for the electric guitar.
There are synth effects that model a guitar synthesizer available on the Korg AX3000G, along with completely new effects such as the Filtron that goes far beyond the conventional auto-wah. You can use the Acoustic effect to transform the sound of your electric guitar into that of an electro-acoustic, or the Pickup Modeling effect to transform the tonal character of your pickups without switching guitars. The AX3000G also provides send/return jacks that make it easy for you to connect your favorite effect unit. There is even a digital output (S/P DIF optical) jack so you can digitally record your playing without losing any of the amazing sound produced by REMS.
In addition to using the AX3000G's expression pedal in standard ways, such as to control volume or wah, you can freely assign the pedal to a variety of effect parameters for unrivaled expressive control. For example, if you assign the "MANUAL" parameter of a flanger to the pedal, you can use the pedal to control the sweep, creating a highly distinctive sound. On the other hand, by assigning the pedal to control the delay time of the "ECHO PLUS" effect (which models the sound of a tape echo), you can use the pedal to control delay time. There is virtually no limit to the new sounds you can create using the expression pedal on this powerful guitar effects processor. The pedal can also control the reverberation time of a reverb effect, the modulation speed of a chorus, flanger, or phaser, and much more!
The AX3000G also provides a control switch that can be a great asset during a live performance. For example, you can use it to switch each effect block (such as the pre-effect and insert effect) on or off, to set effect parameters such as the tap tempo of a delay in real time, to switch the speed of a rotary speaker effect, or to control the Expression Step Sequencer (ESS). The possibilities are endless!
A NEW REALM OF CONTROL
The Expression Step Sequencer (ESS) automatically controls most effect parameters in a fixed or random step function. You can assign up to eight steps of guitar effect parameter values in the step sequencer, and specify one of seven ways in which the sequencer will play back these steps: Forward, Backward, Alternate 1/2, Random, Forward (one-shot), and Alternate 1/2 (one-shot). This lets you create sounds with complex movements that were unachievable in a guitar effects processor until now.
For example, use the ESS with a pitch shifter effect to specify the pitch shift amount of each step and produce sounds that are reminiscent of a synthesizer's arpeggiator. You can also use the ESS with a wah effect and create wah sounds that move in stepwise fashion. Of course, there is also a Smooth setting that lets you produce a continuous change between steps. Feel free to vary the ESS speed in real time with the ESS expression pedal or a control switch, while eight large-diameter LEDs give you a clear visual indication of the total number of steps in the sequence as well as the location of the step that is currently in use.
Korg's team of tone technologists have poured their decades of unrivaled tone-creation experience into every one of the wide variety of the AX3000G's 32 preset programs. Use the internal programs or create and save up to 96 of your own custom settings. There's also an Individual mode in which you can use the foot switches to turn individual effects on or off, just as if you were controlling a row of compact effects.
JUST LIKE ANALOG
Because the AX3000G is so easy to use, you can select, edit and use all of its features effortlessly. You can also select an effect model just by turning the effect select knobs provided for each effect block. Moreover, you can edit each individual effect simply by turning the knobs of the familiar, analog-style user interface. All guitar effects parameters appear on the panel as a clear, understandable matrix.
BUILT-IN AUTO CHROMATIC TUNER
The built-in auto chromatic tuner operates automatically when the AX3000G is bypassed or muted. Simply by selecting Mute mode when on stage, you can tune without producing sound from your guitar amp or other connected equipment. The note name is shown in the bank display, and the pedal indicator and name display provide an accurate pitch indication that is easy to see even on dimly lit stages.
IDEAL PLAYING EXPERIENCE
Since the Output of the Korg AX3000G can be connected to a variety of guitar amps (all of which have a different tonality) - or a mixer/recorder - four different equalizer settings are provided so you can ideally match the output of the AX3000G for the best results. The output choices are as follows:
• AP1 for connection to an opened-back U.S. combo amp
• AP2 for connection to an opened-back U.K. combo amp with a distinctive sounding mid-range
• AP3 for connection to a stack with 4 x 12 cabinets
• LN for use with the Line output (including S/P DIF OUT) to go directly to a mixer/recorder or the power amp input of your guitar amp.
The Korg AX3000G can receive program change messages, and can also transmit MIDI messages in response to pedal operations to control other MIDI devices. You can also control the AX3000G from your DAW software, making it an ideal addition even to high-end recording setups.
CREATE YOUR OWN SOUNDS
The "AX3000G Sound Editor" editor/librarian software lets you graphically view the many parameters of the AX3000G and easily edit them, as well as save and organize programs.